Teltonika FMA110 is a small light-weight vehicle tracking device. It is simply configured, and is perfectly suitable for Fleet and mobile workforce management, Usage Based Insurance, Car Rental, and Teenage driver tracking.
Teltonika FMA110 is a terminal with GPS and GSM connectivity, which is able to determine the object’s coordinates and transfer them via the GSM network. This device is perfectly suitable for applications, which need location acquirement of remote objects.
It is important to mention that FMA110 has additional inputs and outputs, which let you control and monitor other devices on remote objects. FMA110 also has a USB port for device status log output and entering configurations.
Package content depends on order code, and can be customized by customer needs, but the standard package contains:
- FMA110 device
- I/O and Power supply cable with a 2×5 connection pins
- USB cable
- A card containing URL to download FMA110 device drivers and Configurator software
Location and tracking
FMA110 model is embedded with GPS chip and also it has the support of GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
Teltonika FMA110 has a quad-band GSM 2G module so it can be operated all over the world.
FMA110 model features such interfaces as
- USB port
- 3 digital inputs
- 1 analog input
- 2 open collector digital outputs
- 1Wire® temperature sensor
- 1Wire® iButton
FMA110 uses and voltage range 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
There is a virtual “Ignition” flag in FMA110 which is determined by either:
- External power voltage – when the power level falls below a certain configured level (by default 13V), the “Ignition” is considered to be OFF, otherwise – ON.
- Digital Input #1 – if there is positive signal on DIN #1 of the socket, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
- Acceleration sensor – when the built-in accelerometer detects movement, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
Teltonika FMA110 determines whether vehicle is on move or stopped by one of three methods (configurable by user):
|by Board Voltage||If board voltage exceeds certain level (configurable, 13V by default)||If board voltage is lower than a certain level|
|by Acceleration||Internal accelerometer detects movement||Internal accelerometer does not detect movement|
|by GNSS||GNSS is fixed and speed is above 5 km/h||GNSS is fixed and speed is below 5 km/h or GNSS is not fixed|
Two sleep modes
FMA110 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to normal sleep or deep sleep mode:
- Normal sleep mode. While in normal sleep mode, FMA110 turns GNSS module OFF, but keeps GSM module ON. The device is not making any new periodic GPS records, just monitoring the events with the last known coordinates and sends them to tracking server. As a result power consumption decreases allowing saving vehicle’s battery (below 2 mA).
FMA110 exists normal sleep mode when “Movement” mode detected or “Ignition” switches on.
- Deep sleep mode. While in deep sleep mode, FMA110 sets both GNSS receiver and GSM/GPRS module to OFF state, thus making impossible to wake up the device remotely. Battery consumption drops below 2 mA.
FMA110 exits deep sleep mode if at least one of following conditions is true:
- “Movement” mode is detected
- “Ignition” is turned on
- USB cable is connected
Harsh driving behaviour
FMA110 features “Green Driving Scenario” that helps to inspect driver about harsh driving. Scenario continuously monitors: accelerating force, braking force and cornering angles. When these parameters exceed configured thresholds, Green Driving event is generated and sent to server.
To prevent generating false events, harsh acceleration and harsh braking is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 10 km/h
Harsh cornering is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 30km/h
Local and remote management
Teltonika FMA110 tracker can be controlled over GPRS, and it supports firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA). Also, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS.
You can also configure FMA110 from a PC using proprietary software (Teltonika Configurator) and standard USB-cable which is included into package.
FMA110 has two status LEDs:
- Status LED: indicates GSM/GPRS mode
- Navigate LED: indicates GPS reception
|EU platform||tracker.navixy.com (126.96.36.199)|
|US platform||tracker.us.navixy.com (188.8.131.52)|
|Weight||80 g (2.82 oz.)|
|Size||65x56.6x18.9 mm (2.56x2.23x0.74 in)|
|Internal antenna (GNSS)||Yes|
|Cellular network type||GSM Quad Band|
|Internal antenna (Connection)||Yes|
|Cellular network generation||2G|
|Number of outputs||2|
|Number of inputs (all types)||4|
|Fuel level sensor reading||Yes|
|Driver ID reading||Yes|
|External temperature sensor reading||Yes|
|Location by Cell ID||Yes|
|Smart power consumption||Yes|
|External power cut off||Yes|
|Network signal level||Yes|
|GNSS signal level||Yes|
|GNSS satellites fixed||Yes|
|External power source voltage||Yes|
|CAN/OBDII reader type||External|
|Server connection setup over SMS||Yes|
|Remote device configuration||Yes (over GPRS)|
|Remote outputs control||Yes (over GPRS), Yes|
|Firmware update OTA||Yes|
|Forced GNSS location update over SMS||Yes|