Teltonika FM1125 is light real-time tracking terminal with GPS/GLONASS, GSM connectivity and RS232/RS485 data interface support. In comparison to other models, FM1125 has additional inputs and outputs, which give you more opportunities to control and monitor your vehicle.
Package content depends on order code, and can be customized by customer needs..
The standard package contains:
- Input and output power supply cable with a 2×5 connection pins
- USB cable
- A card containing URL to download FM1125 device drivers and Configurator software
- Integrated 170mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
Location and tracking
Teltonika FM1125 model is embedded with GPS chip and also it has the support of GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
Teltonika FM1125 has a quad-band GSM 2G module.
Teltonika FM1125 model features such interfaces as:
- USB port
- 1digital input
- 1 analog input
- 1 open collector digital output
- 1Wire® temperature sensor
- 1Wire® iButton
- 1 RS-232
- 1 RS-485 interfaces.
With these interfaces you can connect up to 5 fuel level sensors, iButton, LCD, RFID.
The voltage range for FM1125 is 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
There is a virtual “Ignition” flag in Teltonika FM1125 which is determined by either:
- External power voltage – when the power level falls below a certain configured level (by default 13V), the “Ignition” is considered to be OFF, otherwise – ON.
- Digital Input #1 – if there is positive signal on DIN #1 of the socket, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
- Acceleration sensor – when the built-in accelerometer detects movement, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
Teltonika FM1125 determines whether vehicle is on move or stopped by one of three methods (configurable by user):
|by Board Voltage||If board voltage exceeds certain level (configurable, 13V by default)||If board voltage is lower than a certain level|
|by Acceleration||Internal accelerometer detects movement||Internal accelerometer does not detect movement|
|by GNSS||GNSS is fixed and speed is above 5 km/h||GNSS is fixed and speed is below 5 km/h or GNSS is not fixed|
Two sleep modes
FM1125 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to normal sleep or deep sleep mode:
- Normal sleep mode. While in normal sleep mode, FM1125 turns GNSS module OFF, but keeps GSM module ON. The device is not making any new periodic GPS records, just monitoring the events with the last known coordinates and sends them to tracking server. As a result power consumption decreases allowing saving vehicle’s battery (below 2 mA).
The device exits normal sleep mode when “Movement” mode detected or “Ignition” switches on.
- Deep sleep mode. While in deep sleep mode, FM1125 sets both GNSS receiver and GSM/GPRS module to OFF state, thus making impossible to wake up the device remotely. Battery consumption drops below 2 mA.
GPS tracker exits deep sleep mode if at least one of following conditions is true:
- “Movement” mode is detected
- “Ignition” is turned on
- USB cable is connecte
Harsh driving behaviour
Teltonika FM1125 can be configured for “Green Driving Scenario” that helps to inspect driver about harsh driving. Scenario continuously monitors: accelerating force, braking force and cornering angles. When these parameters exceed configured thresholds, Green Driving event is generated and sent to server
To prevent generating false events, harsh acceleration and harsh braking is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 10 km/h
Harsh cornering is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 30km/h
Local and remote management
Unfortunately there is no way to control Teltonika FM1125 over GPRS IP protocol. However, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS. To decrease the amount of SMS needed for the configuration SMS it is recommend to use binary format.
What if you need to update the firmware? No problem, since there is firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA) feature. And of course, like all other Teltonika devices, FM1125 is fully configured from a PC with standard USB-cable (included into package) and proprietary software called “Teltonika Configurator”.
There are two small LEDs can be found on the side of the device. They are helpful for checking device status during the installation process:
- Status LED: indicates GSM/GPRS mode
- Navigate LED: indicates GPS reception
|EU platform||tracker.navixy.com (184.108.40.206)|
|US platform||tracker.us.navixy.com (220.127.116.11)|
|Weight||80 g (2.82 oz.)|
|Network signal level||Yes|
|Network operator ID||Yes|
|GNSS signal level||Yes|
|Forced GNSS location update over GPRS||Yes|
|Forced GNSS location update over SMS||Yes|
|Remote outputs control||Yes|
|Number of outputs||1|