Teltonika FMA120 is marketed by the manufacturer as light real-time tracking terminal. It works with GPS and GLONASS systems and it is able to connect to GSM networks. It can be used for the work's optimization of fleet management also transport companies as well as for personal needs.
This GPS tracker has an internal GSM and GPS/GLONASS antennas and is able to catch not the strongest signals. Also, FMA120 has a smart power consumption system that can extend the life of the built-in battery in deep sleep mode.
It is operating in different roaming networks and due to a smart algorithm of GPRS connections help to save the traffic.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Package content depends on order code, and can be customized by customer needs.
The standard package contains:
- Input and output power supply cable with a 2×5 connection pins
- USB cable
- A card containing URL to download FMA120 device drivers and Configurator software
- Integrated 170mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
Location and tracking
FMA120 model is embedded with GPS chip and also it has the support of GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
FMA120 has a quad-band GSM 2G module, so it can be operated all over the world.
FMA120 model features such interfaces as
- 1 Digital Input Reserved for Ignition Status Monitoring
- 2 Digital Inputs
- 1 Analog Input (10V or 30V range)
- 2 Digital Open-collector Outputs (connecting external relays, LED, buzzers etc.)
- 1-Wire® temperature sensor
- 1-Wire® iButton
- Motion sensor
- USB Port
FMA120 uses and voltage range 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
There is a virtual “Ignition” flag in FMA120 which is determined by either:
- External power voltage – when the power level falls below a certain configured level (by default 13V), the “Ignition” is considered to be OFF, otherwise – ON.
- Digital Input #1 – if there is positive signal on DIN #1 of the socket, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
- Acceleration sensor – when the built-in accelerometer detects movement, the “Ignition” flag is ON.
Teltonika FMA120 determines whether vehicle is on move or stopped by one of three methods (configurable by user):
|by Board Voltage||If board voltage exceeds certain level (configurable, 13V by default)||If board voltage is lower than a certain level|
|by Acceleration||Internal accelerometer detects movement||Internal accelerometer does not detect movement|
|by GNSS||GNSS is fixed and speed is above 5 km/h||GNSS is fixed and speed is below 5 km/h or GNSS is not fixed|
Two sleep modes
FMA120 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to normal sleep or deep sleep mode:
- Normal sleep mode. While in normal sleep mode, FMA120 turns GNSS module OFF, but keeps GSM module ON. The device is not making any new periodic GPS records, just monitoring the events with the last known coordinates and sends them to tracking server. As a result power consumption decreases allowing saving vehicle’s battery (below 2 mA).
FMA120 exists normal sleep mode when “Movement” mode detected or “Ignition” switches on.
- Deep sleep mode. While in deep sleep mode, FMA120 sets both GNSS receiver and GSM/GPRS module to OFF state, thus making impossible to wake up the device remotely. Battery consumption drops below 2 mA.
FMA120 exits deep sleep mode if at least one of following conditions is true:
- “Movement” mode is detected
- “Ignition” is turned on
- USB cable is connected
Harsh driving behaviour
FMA120 features “Green Driving Scenario” that helps to inspect driver about harsh driving. Scenario continuously monitors: accelerating force, braking force and cornering angles. When these parameters exceed configured thresholds, Green Driving event is generated and sent to server
To prevent generating false events, harsh acceleration and harsh braking is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 10 km/h
Harsh cornering is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 30km/h
Local and remote management
Teltonika FMA120 tracker can’t be controlled over GPRS, though it supports firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA). However, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS. To decrease the amount of SMS required for configuration SMS in binary format can be also used.
You can also configure FMA120 from a PC using proprietary software (Teltonika Configurator) and standard USB-cable which is included into package.
FMA120 has two status LEDs:
- Status LED: indicates GSM/GPRS mode
- Navigate LED: indicates GPS reception
|EU platform||tracker.navixy.com (22.214.171.124)|
|US platform||tracker.us.navixy.com (126.96.36.199)|
|Peso||80 g (2.82 oz.)|
|Tamanho||65x56.6x18.9 mm (2.56x2.23x0.74 in)|
|Antena interna (GNSS)||Yes|
|Tipo de rede celular||GSM Quad Band|
|Antena interna (Conexão)||Yes|
|Geração de rede celular||2G|
|Number of outputs||2|
|Number of inputs (all types)||3|
|Capacidade da bateria||170 mAh|
|Driver ID reading||Yes|
|Tracking modes||Interval, Continuous|
|Location by Cell ID||Yes|
|Smart power consumption||Yes|
|External power cut off||Yes|
|Network signal level||Yes|
|GNSS signal level||Yes|
|GNSS satellites fixed||Yes|
|External power source voltage||Yes|
|Internal battery level||Yes|
|Tipo de leitor CAN/OBDII||Yes|
|Server connection setup over SMS||Yes|
|Remote device configuration||Yes (over SMS), Yes|
|Remote outputs control||Yes (over SMS), Yes|
|Firmware update OTA||Yes|