Teltonika FM3400 is a compact GPS tracking device for vehicles with support of GSM networks. This is a budget tracker which works with GPS and GLONASS signals. It is easy to install and can be used for fleets of any sizes as well as for personal needs.
Teltonika FM3400 device is supplied to the customer in a cardboard box containing all the equipment that is necessary for operation. The package contains:
- FM3400 device;
- USB cable;
- A card, which contains URL to download FM3400 device drivers and Configurator software.
Location and tracking
FM3400 model is embedded with chip that supports both GPS and GLONASS. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking).
The tracking mode is flexible configured: by moving every 100m, and every 60 sec, and on turning on 30 degrees by default. When there is no movement (detected by “Ignition” status), tracker sends data every 180 seconds.
FM3400 can work with GSM 2G networks.
FM3400 model features such interfaces as
- USB port;
- 2 digital inputs;
- 2 open collector digital outputs;
FM3400 uses voltage range 10-30V, which makes possible to install it both on cars and trucks. Device also features an optional built-in rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 1 hour of device operation (in normal conditions).
Two sleep modes
FM3400 is able to go to Sleep mode after configurable Sleep timeout. This timeout (defined period) starts counting when device is in STOP mode. After timeout is reached and all conditions for sleep mode are met, device goes to normal sleep or deep sleep mode:
- Normal sleep mode. While in normal sleep mode, FM3400 turns GNSS module OFF, but keeps GSM module ON. The device is not making any new periodic GPS records, just monitoring the events with the last known coordinates and sends them to tracking server. As a result power consumption decreases allowing saving vehicle’s battery (below 2 mA).
FM3400 exists normal sleep mode when “Movement” mode detected or “Ignition” switches on.
- Deep sleep mode. While in deep sleep mode, FM3400 sets both GNSS receiver and GSM/GPRS module to OFF state, thus making impossible to wake up the device remotely. Battery consumption drops below 2 mA.
FM3400 exits deep sleep mode if at least one of following conditions is true:
- “Movement” mode is detected
- “Ignition” is turned on
- USB cable is connected
Harsh driving behaviour
FM3400 features “Green Driving Scenario” that helps to inspect driver about harsh driving. Scenario continuously monitors: accelerating force, braking force and cornering angles. When these parameters exceed configured thresholds, Green Driving event is generated and sent to server
To prevent generating false events, harsh acceleration and harsh braking is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 10 km/h
Harsh cornering is monitored only when following conditions are fulfilled:
- “Ignition” flag (see above) is turned on
- Vehicle speed is equal or higher than 30km/h
Local and remote management
Teltonika FM3400 tracker can’t be controlled over GPRS, though it supports firmware updating via GPRS (FOTA). However, there is a wide list of SMS commands in a ASCII format, on which device always replies back. In particular, Server address and port, APN settings can be applied remotely with SMS. To decrease the amount of SMS required for configuration SMS in binary format can be also used.
You can also configure FM3400 from a PC using proprietary software (Teltonika Configurator) and standard USB-cable which is included into package.
FM3400 has three status LEDs:
- Modem LED: indicates GSM/GPRS mode
- Status LED: indicates system Power
- Navigation LED: indicates GPS reception
Conexión del servidor
|Servidor de la UE||tracker.navixy.com (220.127.116.11)|
|Servidor de USA||tracker.us.navixy.com (18.104.22.168)|
|Puerto de servidor||47776|
|Peso||80 g (2.82 oz.)|
|Nivel de señal||Sí|
|ID del operador||Sí|
Información de ubicación
|Nivel de señal GNSS||Sí|
|Localización forzada por GNSS preferente a GPRS||Sí|
|Localización forzada de GNSS preferente a SMS||Sí|
|Control remoto de las salidas||Sí|
|Lectura del identificador del conductor||Sí|
|Número de salidas||2|