The SmartOne Solar is the next generation of Globalstar’s industry-acclaimed SmartOne product line. While operating on one of the most modern and fastest satellite networks in the world and powered by the sun, this IoT device provides excellent remote monitoring and tracking capabilities. The SmartOne Solar’s NiMH rechargeable batteries deliver 10 years of life, drastically reducing maintenance time and cost of labor and parts. It lets users intelligently configure reporting times and intervals for custom information delivery.
Globalstar SmartOne Solar is designed to track the positions of trailers, cargo containers, heavy construction equipment, generators, boats/barges and any other mobile assets. The SmartOne Solar also has 2 inputs to manage run time of engines and/or other alarm inputs. Globalstar SmartOne Solar processes GPS satellite signals to obtain its position in terms of longitude and latitude and transmits this information over Globalstar’s Satellite Network. In addition to position information, the SmartOne Solar transmits other message types that include battery status, input alarm status, and diagnostic information. The SmartOne Solar is configured using a computer and USB configuration cable to communicate these messages at certain times and/or under certain conditions.
- The SmartOne Solar has two dry contact or wetted-voltage inputs, to manage run time of engines and/or other alarm inputs, and one serial port for passive and smart sensors.
- The SmartOne Solar comes ready to use with a factory configuration loaded in the device. The factory configuration, Standard Messaging without Motion and Interval Messaging of 12 hours, may be changed using the SmartOne Configuration Software, the USB Configuration Cable (or Bluetooth dongle) and a PC.
- The SmartOne Solar incorporates a built-in solar panel that charges the internal battery pack to provide 8+ years of maintenance-free operation.
- Built-in rechargeable NiMH batteries (non-replaceable)
- Input voltage 10 to48 VDC
- The SmartOne Solar communicates with both the GPS satellite network and the Globalstar Satellite Network. All GPS locations are pulled from the GPS network and all transmissions are sent via the Globalstar Satellite Network. The SmartOne Solar has the unique ability to check its GPS coordinates at a programmable rate while it is inside of the Change of Location Area without actually sending a message over the Globalstar Satellite Network.
- For a Location Message, the SmartOne Solar will wake up at a scheduled interval or time of day and begin to acquire a GPS fix. Once it receives its GPS fix, the SmartOne Solar will transmit its location to the Globalstar Satellite Network.