Coban GPS104 is a portable GPS tracker with magnet mounting, waterproof casing and large battery. It is designed for tracking trailers, containers and vehicles over a long period of time – up to several weeks.
Coban GPS104 is a portable GPS device for tracking cars, trucks, trailers, cargos and other valuable assets. It’s remarkable for its powerful magnets, large battery and waterproof shell — making it easy to install on almost any asset, especially with a metal surface, within a few seconds.
Package contents include:
- AC Adapter
- Car lighter adapter
- External GPS Antenna
- External GSM Antenna
- 4-pin harness
- Engine block relay
Location and tracking
GPS104 model is embedded with GPS chip and internal antenna, while external antenna can be connected optionally. It doesn’t support GLONASS and alternative GNSS systems, either Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. As the back-up, when no satellites signals are available, it uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-positioning).
GPS104 offers several tracking modes:
- Track with limited times upon time interval (tracker device will report the latitude & longitude at set intervals of time)
- Track with unlimited times upon time interval (tracker will reply the latitude & longitude continuously at 30 seconds intervals)
- Smart track upon time and distance interval (tracker will locate upon both the pre-set time and distance.)
Also, the tracker supports turnings. It will update the positions automatically to web server once the vehicle changing driving direction over pre set angle (30 degrees) to form a smooth trajectory consistent with the actual road, this function is only effective in GPRS mode.
With Quad-band GSM 2G module mobile devices can be operated all over the world. GPS 104 is embedded with internal GSM antenna, as well as with the outlet for external antenna.
As being said, Coban GPS104 is noteworthy for its rechargeable battery. Its capacity of 6000 mAh ensures up to 4 months of work in the interval tracking mode.
GPS104 offers several sleeping mode options:
- “By time” – tracker falls asleep in 5 minutes after issuing the command to sleep (and no other command is sent);
- “By shock” – tracker turns GPS module off if no vibration is detected within a certain period of time;
- “Deep sleep by shock” – similar to previous, but also switches off GSM module.
- “By schedule” – GPS and GSM modules are disabled; device wakes up every H hours to update its position (H is an integer value, 3 digits from 1 hour to 30 days max)
The external power supply might be in the range of 12-24V, making it possible to install both on cars and big trucks.
Local and remote management
GPS104 tracker can be fully controlled over GPRS, including the configuration of tracking modes. There is also a wide list of SMS commands in a human-friendly format, on which device always replies back. It supports remote APN settings configuration by SMS.
You can also configure GPS104 from a PC, but you will require a special USB-cable, which is not included into a standard package.
GPS104 has three LEDs
- Red LED indicates backup battery charge
- Green LED indicates GSM/GPRS mode
- Blue LED indicates GPS reception
GPS104 doesn’t have any detach sensor, thus it won’t report about removal from the tracked asset.
GPS104 has one input reserved for emergency button. There is also an output controllable over GPRS and SMS, reserved for engine block feature.
The device has no built-in memory to record location data when no GSM/GPRS is available and connection to server isn’t established. However, there is a slot for micro SD card
|EU platform||tracker.navixy.com (22.214.171.124)|
|US platform||tracker.us.navixy.com (126.96.36.199)|
|Weight||300 g (10.58 oz.)|
|Network operator ID||Yes|
|Remote outputs control||Yes|
|Number of outputs||2|