You can add your own fields to the description of objects (such as places, staff, tasks, etc.) You can work with custom fields as usual: fill them, use them for filter selection. you can also assign a responsible employee. For this employee, a list of places will appear in the X-GPS Tracker mobile application.
Custom field types
- Text string. Length is not more than 700 characters. You can enter any characters.
- Text area. The length is not more than 20,000 characters. Fields with this type cannot be used for sorting.
- E-mail. Only e-mail addresses.
- Phone. Only phone numbers.
- Decimal number
- Integer number
- Employee. You can add a responsible employee to this field, for whom this place will be displayed in the X-GPS Tracker application.
Adding and editing fields
To add a new field, select its type in the list on the left and drag it into the “Information” area with the mouse. Specify the following information:
- Field name
- Is the field required
The following actions are also available for added fields:
- Add section. You can distribute custom fields into different sections for greater convenience.
- Reorder. Drag and drop fields and sections to arrange them in the order you want
- Delete. You can delete a field that you no longer need by first clicking on it and then on the trash can icon.
Pay attention to the following features when working with custom fields:
- The maximum number of custom fields is 50
- When editing fields, their name, description and order will automatically change in all created places.
- If you delete a field, it will be automatically deleted from all places without the possibility of recovery.