This feature allows you to grant an access to your account to several additional users at once. You can select which devices each of these users will have access to, as well as assign them certain roles with the rights to view telematics data from devices, to build reports, to manage vehicles and employees, to work with geofences, etc.
These users do not have an established name, but in most cases they are called subusers. The primary account from which rights are delegated is commonly called the master user.
In general, the account hierarchy within the platform looks like this:
As seen from the above diagram, subuser is a special account belonging to master user.
For each subuser you can specify:
- List of available devices.
- The subuser will only see devices to which you grant access. The total list of devices of the master user (and other sub-users as well) will not be available to subuser.
- Access to any device can be granted to one or multiple subusers at once.
- Regulates the level of subuser access to information.
As a subordinate accounts, subusers are unable to:
- Have an owner role or any rights of that role (this role belongs exclusively to the master user).
- Delete devices.
- Create their own subusers.
- Have their own devices not available to the master user.
- Create geofences and locations not available to the master user.
- Restrict access to their account to the master user.
Anything created by a sub-user becomes available to the superior account and actually belongs to it:
- If a subuser registers a device, it is registered in the master user's account and the subuser is granted rights to view trips and telematics data, and (depending on the role) to make settings.
- Rules created in "Alerts" section are visible to the master user and other subusers who have access to the same device. This is because the rules are bound to the device.
- Geofences and POI created by subuser also belong to the master user and are visible to all other subusers who are allowed to work with geofences and POI.
- Vehicles and employees created by the subuser are visible to the master user.
- If a device is assigned to the vehicle or employee, these objects will only be visible to the master user and subusers who have access to that device.
- If a vehicle or employee is not linked to a device, they are visible to all sub-users.
Access restrictions: role management
The range of operations available for subusers can be limited by the owner using customizable roles. Available operations are assigned to each role.
Example of role allocation:
Access restrictions: available devices
For each subuser, the owner can specify which devices (and related data) are available. The subuser will not be able to see unavailable devices and related information (e.g. tasks). Access to any device can be granted to one or more subusers at once.
Adding a new subuser
Open the "Access rights" menu.
Add a new user in "Users" tab.
Select a role for the subuser. If the necessary role has not yet been created, select "No Role". You can change the role later.
Fill in first name, last name, phone number and email address of the account owner. It is recommended to specify the real and valid email, as it is used to recover the password in case of its loss.
Do not disable the "Active" option. This option is needed to block subuser access to the account if needed further.
Set a password of at least 6 characters.
After creating the subuser, select the list of available devices.
Adding a new role
Open the "Roles" tab and click "Add new role".
Give the role a name and select the necessary access rights. All rights are divided into three types: owner, basic and additional.
Available only to the account owner (master user) and cannot be assigned to other roles. These include:
- Edit user information
- Group management
- Tracker removal
- Data forwarding
- Tariff change
- User creation
- "Web locator" and "Courrier on the map" plugins
Available to all roles and cannot be disabled. These include:
- map tools (layers, routes, etc.)
- Tracks and events history
- Maintenance tasks
- Widgets (input/output management, odometer, statuses, etc.)
- Tracker related info (view only)
Can be set up individually for each role. These include:
- Billing — payments and invoices.
- Device activation — rights to register new devices.
- Device settings (hardware related) — ability to edit hardware settings of devises, such as: tacking mode, phone number, etc..
- Device settings (platform related) — ability to edit the software settings of the devices, such as: name, working statuses, parking detection, LBS radius, etc.
- Device outputs management — ability to control device outputs via the "Outputs" widget.
- Alert rules — creating, editing rules and assigning them to devices.
- Reports — creating, viewing, editing and deleting reports. Subuser sees only their own reports.
- Geofences — creating and editing geofences.
- POI — creating and editing POI.
- Tasks — creating and editing tasks, including those linked to devices, as well as creating, editing and deleting forms.
- Form templates — creating, editing and deleting form templates.
- Employees — creating and editing employees and departments, linking employees to departments.
- Vehicles — creating and editing vehicles and garages, linking vehicles to garages.
- Tags — creating and editing tags.
- Custom Fields in Places — ability to add, delete and edit new fields in places.
- Video — viewing video from devices (online and recorded).
View device history
This setting allows you to limit the period of the devices history available to subuser. Cannot exceed the period set by the devices tariff plan.