The Driving Time rule is designed to track and monitor the work and rest conditions of drivers. By implementing this rule, users can ensure compliance with driving time regulations and promote driver safety.
Once the tracker exceeds the allowed uninterrupted driving period, the system will generate a notification, alerting the user. The rule will automatically reset once the driver rests for a specified time, which can be set by the user.
To configure the rule, users need to define two intervals:
- Maximum Allowed Driving Time: This interval determines the maximum duration for continuous driving before a notification is triggered.
- Minimal Parking Time to Reset the Rule: This interval specifies the minimum duration of parking time required to reset the rule. It's important to note that the reset timer will only start when the device enters the parking state.
By setting up the Driving Time rule, users can effectively monitor the driving durations of their drivers, ensuring compliance with regulations and promoting healthy work-rest schedules. This feature helps prevent driver fatigue, reduces the risk of accidents, and contributes to overall driver well-being and safety.
Allowed driving time:
The time period at the end of which the notification event for exceeding the employee's continuous working time will trigger.
Minimum parking time for reset:
The reset timer that will initiate the tolerance period (allowed driving time) anew.
Fill out the section if the rule needs to work only inside/outside of the selected geofences.
Bind zone to rule:
Enables geofence rule binding.
Shows bound geofences on the map.
is used for important events. A message on the screen and the sound signal can only be disabled by clicking on the notification. Please note, some browsers can block notification sound until user activity is recorded on the page.
Receive push notifications on the mobile app and web interface.
Add geofence name to the notification:
Adds names of the specified geofences to the notification text. This option is available only when the "Inside" geofence binding radio button is selected on the "Settings" tab.
List of recipients for SMS notifications when the event occurs.
List of recipients for email notifications when the event occurs.
- Set a schedule for when the rule will run. If your schedule indicates that the event should not run some day or time period, it will not appear as a notification in the user interface, and notifications via SMS or email will not be sent. Additionally, you can choose a default template for quick scheduling.
The platform specifics:
- The "Driving time" alert has a 10-second reset timer, meaning the alert event will not occur more often than once every 10 seconds. If this type of event occurs in time the rule has been waiting for the reset, this event will be omitted by the platform, including the reports.
- This rule is a generic type that is not specific to any particular hardware, which means it can be applied to multiple trackers simultaneously. This allows for the selection of several trackers within a single rule.
To view the dates when the events were received, you can build the "Report on all events" report.