Intoduction to Geofences
Geofences are used to define virtual perimeters. The system can control whether object crossed geofence border (either "in" or "out"). All these events are logged, so user can obtain geofence reports and receive alerts.
Moreover, you can assign various rules for events to particular geofences. For example, if you need to get speeding alerts only within a certain area (e.g. in city) or route.
Also, by left-clicking the geofence on the map, you can see the number of tracked objects in it.
To access Geofences tool click the Polygon icon on the map toolbar. Here you can create and import new geofences or edit the existing ones. To display desired geofences on map simply mark checkboxes.
There are three basic types of geofences available:
- Circle – geographical area with a given center and the shape of a circle with a minimum radius of 20 meters (radius and center of the circle are defined by user).
- Polygon – area bounded by an arbitrary polygon with any number of vertices.
- Route – allows to create a virtual perimeter between two (or more) points. E.g., it is used in order to ensure that a vehicle doesn’t leave a predetermined route, and if it does, an alarm can be set to inform the interested party.
How to create a geofence
- Locate the desired area on the map. You can use 'Address search' tool.
- Choose 'Geofences' tool by clicking on the Square icon in the right upper corner of the map.
- Point the mouse to the Add geofence button and select type of the geofence.
- Draw a geofence on the map:
- Circle – move a circle with a mouse, having pressed the center of the circle. To change the size of the circle pull the point on the edge of the circle.
- Polygon – initially has a form of the correct pentagon, which can be easily and randomly changed. To add new vertices you need to pull the mouse over the center of one of the polygon's sides. To delete a vertex just double-click on it.
- Route – you need to choose start and end points, the system will automatically build a route between them. If you want to add more points on the route, drag the route with the mouse. Next, determine the size of the vicinity.
- Specify the name of the geofence and save it. Geofences you created can be edited or deleted.
Colour Your Geofences
You have a possibility to colour created geofences for better visualization. It is very helpful in case you have a lot of geofences on the map. So you are able to divide them into groups and distinguish them at a glance. For example, offices may be painted in red, warehouses in blue and parkings in grey.
To change а colour of your geofence:
- Open a list of geofences
- Choose a necessary zone
- Click “Edit”
- Choose the colour you like and you will see how a geofence has changed the colour on the map.
- Save results.