Points of Interest (POI) is a very useful feature as for organizations so for end users. Any user can create a list of POIs for his or her convenience – it can be just a couple of places (like home, work, supermarket, etc.) or include thousands of POIs (for needs of the logistic manager).
There are several parameters you can set for each POI:
- Name. You can use any name you want, like Office, Warehouse or Accounts Department – choose a label that fits your purposes and will help you find your POI easily.
- Icon. You can use any picture from the library or upload it from your PC.
- Tags. Tags are used to work with big amount of POI and are very helpful if you have more than several dozens POIs. There’s no limit in the quantity of tags, the same POI can be identified by several tags, but we’ll get to that later.
How do I create and edit POIs?
In order to create a new POI right-click the map.
If you want to see the list of already created and edited POIs – use the map tool “POI” on the right side of the tools panel.
What do I need POIs for?
- Finding objects on the map – you don’t have to specify the whole address anymore. Just type the name or tag you assigned to the POI and you’ll have the list with all the matches.
- Creating routes and geofences – you can easily find place on the map and draw a circle or polygon. You can also create a route between several POIs, let’s say between your office and warehouse.
- Assigning tasks to the employees – instead of the whole address of their destination you can just use the name of the right POI and our system will create the task.