Most modern GPS devices have a limited set of data transmitted to the backend server. Of course, the list itself can be quite big: it’s information about the device itself (coordinates, altitude, acceleration along all axes, mileage), and information about the vehicle to which it is connected (ignition status, coolant temperature, axle load), and the status of other external devices (e.g., an external temperature and humidity sensor). However, this list is finite and usually you cannot track parameters that are not directly supported by the manufacturer.
Galileosky devices with Easy Logic support, fully integrated with our platform, make it possible to solve almost any task of collecting, storing and analyzing data that cannot be solved by standard instruments of most GPS devices.
How can it be applied?
There are many applications for this functionality. You can:
- Perform arithmetic operations with data before transmitting it to the server. For example, sum, average or convert data from sensors.
- Perform logical operations – transmit data only if the specified condition is met.
- Count any events.
- Perform any actions (for example, switching outputs) according to the given conditions and report about it to the server.
1. Download and install the Galileosky configurator.
2. Using Easy Logic, configure it to transfer the data you need in user tags.
3. Go to the monitoring platform -> Devices and settings -> Sensors and buttons. Create a new measurement sensor.
4. Select the input (User tag), sensor type and units.
5. You can also apply standard additional settings, as well as to any other sensor – set the calibration table, set the multiplier, ignore the values above/below the specified value.
6. Configuration completed. Now you can monitor the value of this input in the “Sensor readings” widget, as well as build reports.