Add a new language
Every participant who has accepted the invite can start translating Navixy products at any moment.
The list of already supported languages is given in the documents or on the login page of the GPS tracking solution. If the language is already supported, you can improve its translation.
To start translating proceed as follows:
- Sign in to the online translation service.
- Log in to Navixy Project.
- Select the target language.
- Expand the folder tree and select a file to be translated.
List of files for translation
- Android Monitor
- Android Commons
- Android Tracker
- API server stuff
- Default rules descriptions and messages
- Default sensor descriptions
- Description of billing transactions
- Measurement units deskription
- Messages for tracker events
- iOS Tracker
- iOS Common – Errors descriptions
- iOS Monitor
- Future UI. Common strings
- Future UI. Dashboard screen
- Future UI. Login screen
- Future UI. Notifications screen
- Future UI. Tasks screen
- SMS and Email notifications stuff
- Tracking server stuff
- Deprecated Old login screen
- Main UI
When translating the source text please consider that:
- The source language is English
- Each file refers to one Web interface or mobile app.
- Each phrase is translated in a separate block.
Select the file and a translation window will pop up. Proceed as follows:
- Any untranslated phrases (marked with ) will be displayed on the left .
Don’t forget to use filters to show untranslated phrases only.
2. Type in translated text for the selected phrase in the center of the screen.
Make sure your translation matches the context. If there is no context, you can always request it.
3. Compare your translation with other participants’ or machine translation for similar phrases. It will help you find more correct equivalents.
We recommend to use machine translation only as a tool, not as a solution.
4. Click save and move on to the next phrase.
Leave comments with useful translation tips on the right side of the screen. Please comment in English only.
Translated phrases will be marked with . If any new phrases for translation appear you’ll be notified by email.