Plugins are special software modules which modify the behavior of various API calls.
Full list of plugins available to current user can be obtained through plugin/list() API request.
Important plugin properties
- id – every plugin has unique id. All API calls which require plugins accept “plugin_id” parameter, which you must set to the ID of the desired plugin.
- type – determines type of work plugin does and with which API call the plugin should be used. Most important types are
- filter – allows to determine which tracker models are supported by this plugin. See plugin/….
- module – determines server-side semantics of this plugin. That means if you want specific API behavior, you should look at this property. For example, if you need plugin which creates a report with all trips, you should look for plugin with the “com.navixy.plugin.tracker.report.trip” module.
- ui_module – determines client-side semantics of this plugin. Sometimes plugins with the same server semantics are represneted differently for end-user. In general, as an API user, you should not be concerned with this field as it describes how user interface for this plugin should behave.
- Before using plugin, you must make sure that it’s available for the current user. Plugin is considered available if it’s returned in response to plugin/list() API request.
- Also you must check that selected plugin supports the model of the tracker you want to use with this plugin. The model is supported if it’s accepted by plugin’s “model_filter”. See plugin/…
Don’t forget to include all plugin-specific parameters when making API request. Plugin-specific parameters are listed on the page describing plugin of your choice.