Each API resource semantically corresponds to some entity, for example: geofences, rules, objects, etc. The API calls for CRUD and other operations with these entities have similar names regardless the resource used: list/read/create/delete.
Standard workflow (example)
Let’s describe standard workflow for API developer using very simple and most common example — requesting the track points data:
- Determine URL to API calls:
- for NAVIXY ServerMate it will be http(s)://api.navixy.com/v2/
- for On-Premise instances it will be http(s)://api.your_domain/
- Authorize with user/auth(…). This API method will return the hash you should use for all your next API calls.
- Get objects lists with tracker/list()
- Get track lists with track/list(…)
- Get the track itself: track/read(…)
In other words, to start working with API, the developers should have API call description (as provided herein), and know user login and password.