Activation process works in such a way that you first specify ICC/Phone number and IMEI of the tracker. Then the platform sends basic configuration SMS commands to the tracker. If tracker replies- activation finishes.
So the first thing to check is if SMS command was sent.
There is no SMS gateway pre-installed, so you need to set up SMS gateway first.
Without one, only manual activation is possible.
Things to check:
- SMS delivery
- Check that SMS-server is running - sv status sms-server
- SMS delivery is not forbidden in the tariff plan settings or disabled in the admin panel
- Check SMS server logs for errors
- Phone number specified is correct
- SMS processing (SMS received but no reply from device)
- SIM card is installed correctly
- SIM is active (not able to receive messages)
- SIM has no PIN or Master Number set up that prevents it from being used by the device
- Device has a default password
- Device is nor faulty
- Connection issue
- Check that TCP-server is running - sv status navixyserver
- Check that device's port is open
- GSM provider allows connects to the IP of your server (regional restrictions)
- APN parameters specified on the device are correct
- Device has GSM coverage
- IMEI specified on the platform matches the device