Nominatim – is a free software that allows to make forward geocoding (search location by name, address) and reverse geocoding (retrieve postal address or place name by known coordinates).
The advantage of using Nominatim with Navixy On-premise is that it can be deployed on your local server, thus won’t limit you in amount of requests. You can still use other sources for geocode in parallel (e.g. Google, Bing), but they might seem rather expensive or not meeting your needs in specific regions.
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5430 @ 2.66GHz – 2 units
- HDD SAS 10k rpm 500 Gb for OS
- HDD SATA 7200 or higher rpms – 1 Tb minimum for whole planet. If you’re going to use Nominatim for just one continent the size of HDD is related to OSM data you want to use: http://download.geofabrik.de/
- RAM – 16 Gb and more. Optimal value is 32Gb.
The software requirements are listed on the original page of the project, and in general they are like as follows:
- Operating system GNU Linux Debian 7 https://www.debian.org/
- GCC http://gcc.gnu.org/
- PostgreSQL http://www.postgresql.org/ (9.0 or later)
- Proj4 http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/
- GEOS http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/
- PostGIS http://postgis.refractions.net/ (1.5 or later)
- PHP http://php.net/ (mod_apache and cli)
- PEAR::DB http://pear.php.net/package/DB
- protobuf http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/ (for PBF support)
- boost http://www.boost.org (1.48 or later)
- osmosis http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis