MQTT devices are becoming more popular and Navixy SaaS is a neat solution for that.
However, depending on your local laws or company requirements you might need to be able to host your data locally, on the server that is fully under your control.
In this case our standalone version would be a perfect solution for you. You can have the latest version of our powerful platform running locally (On-Premise) or using Cloud platforms of your choice: Azure, AWS or GCP.
MQTT functionality is available by default on all the recent versions of Navixy Cloud and On-premise.
No special setup is needed, our implementation of MQTT is included in the distributive by default and will be deployed automatically.
Below you can find several examples for MQTT device configuration:
Xirgo & BCE MQTT device configuration
To configure Xirgo & BCE devices to work via MQTT:
- Log into BCE configuration manager FMSET
- Choose Connectivity → Telemetry server → MQTT broker address settings and specify:
- your host for UI: ui.mydomain.com
- port 1883
- Add the default user in MQTT Security -> Authorization
- Client ID - %IMEI%
- Username - bce_device
- Password - secretword
- Check that your topic configuration is correct:
- All topics except for Output control topic name are set to default values.
- Output control topic name must be set to %IMEI%/OUTC
- Save your configuration
Globalmatix MQTT device configuration
To configure the Globalmatix device to work via MQTT:
- Specify your host for UI: ui.mydomain.com
- Port 1883
- User: globalmatix_device
- Password: secretword
- Topic: globalmatix/in