Navixy supports the use of any SMTP server with all its products, including ServerMate, Cloud, and On-Premise. You may use your own SMTP daemon, a public mail service (such as Gmail or Hotmail), or a transactional email service (such as Mandrill, Sparkpost, Sendgrid, or Mailgun).
Configuring SMTP Gateway
To configure your SMTP server credentials in the Navixy Admin panel, follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Navixy Admin panel and navigate to the ‘Account Management’ section.
- Under ‘Email Gateways’, select ‘Your SMTP server’ option.
- If you use a secure connection, you'll be advised to use a standard port, which you may modify manually. You can find more information about the encryption settings on your email service provider's website.
- If the SMTP server requires authorization, select the ‘Authorization’ checkbox and enter your login credentials. This step is usually not required for public mailing services.
- Add your email address that will be used in the 'From' field and add any text as your email signature.
- Click 'Save settings' to apply the configuration immediately.
Testing the SMTP Gateway
To verify that the SMTP gateway is properly configured, click the ‘Send test mail’ button and enter your email address. If everything is configured correctly, you will receive a test email. If you encounter any issues or have specific questions about using Email gateways with Navixy GPS tracking platform, please contact support at [email protected].