Suntech ST340LC is a vehicle tracking and controlling device with multiple functions. It covers a wide range of applications and requirements of professional users by providing configurable inputs/outputs and reliable GPRS communication ability.
Location and tracking
Suntech ST340LC model is embedded with GPS chip. It doesn’t support Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. It uses Cell ID location (also known as LBS-tracking) as the back-up, when no satellites signals are available.
With a Quad-band GSM module ST340LC can operate all over the world where 2G networks are supported. It also features Dual-SIM support, so you can use 2 different GSM-providers.
Key features of the ST340LC device are:
- 1 output, 1 input and one ignition line.
- Upgrading Firmware Over The Air (FOTA)
- Parking Lock – device is able to check if the vehicle moves away from the pre-defined parking boundary or starts moving without having a mode of the ignition on. In case the device recognizes such an unauthorized moving or driving, it sends an emergency report immediately.
- Over speed – device checks speed of the vehicle and sends an alert to the server if the vehicle moves faster than the pre-defined over-speed threshold values.
- Checking Connectivity of GPS Antenna – device alerts when GPS antenna is disconnected. It is applicable only to the device models which have the external antenna.
- Checking Status of Main Power Source – device recognizes its connectivity with the main power source (i.e. vehicle’s battery) and is able to inform the server about status on whether or not the main power line is disconnected. The device is also able to inform the server about the voltage level status of the main power source and informs the server in case the voltage level of the main power source drops down below the pre-set value. This function is applicable to battery-installed device models only.
- Alerting Battery Error
- Memory extension with MiniSD cards (up to 8Gb)
External power supply range might be 9V – 40V, which makes possible to install device both on cars and vans.
Suntech ST340LC also features an optional rechargeable backup battery. When fully charged it ensures about 3-4 hours of device uptime (in normal conditions).
Power Saving Modes
The device works in one of the three operation modes.
This mode starts when ‘Ignition’ of the vehicle is ON.
This mode is operational when ‘Ignition’ is OFF for duration longer than the pre-defined time.
In parking mode, the device can get into special power saving modes like ‘Sleep mode’ and ‘Deep sleep mode’.
This mode works either when panic button is ON or when one of any pre-defined events occurs
Local and remote management
GPS tracker Suntech ST340LC can be fully controlled over GPRS, including configuration of tracking modes and outputs control. There is also a wide list of SMS commands in a human-friendly format, on which device always replies back. It supports remote APN settings configuration by SMS.
In case ‘firmware’ of the device has an (some) error(s) or needs to be upgraded to provide the user with newly implemented services, the device can upgrade its internal ROM file over the air (Firmware OTA), using GPRS. The users do not need to visit the vehicle individually to download the new firmware on those vehicles.
ST340LC has two LEDs
- LED indicating GPS reception
- LED indicating GSM/GPRS reception
|EU platform||tracker.navixy.com (18.104.22.168)|
|US platform||tracker.us.navixy.com (22.214.171.124)|
|Weight||100 g (3.53 oz.)|
|Network signal level||Yes|
|Network operator ID||Yes|
|GNSS signal level||Yes|
|Forced GNSS location update over GPRS||Yes|
|Remote outputs control||Yes|
|Number of outputs||1|