Meitrack GPS trackers are popular in different regions of the world by their good value: fair price vs quality ratio. They are targeted at mid-range markets and fit best for projects with higher requirements to quality and functionality.
Meitrack GPS trackers are manufactured by Meitrack Group established in 2002, headquartered in Shenzhen, China. Within past years Meitrack has become one of the global leading supplier of GPS trackers and M2M devices based on GSM technology combined with GPS, WiFi, 1-Wire, etc. The company also possess subsidiary departments in California, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Official website: http://www.meitrack.com/
Automatic activation (recommended)
The software platform supports automatic device activation by applying APN settings, server address and port, as well as recommended tracking mode though the SMS channel. Normally you don’t need to configure anything manually. Just install the SIM card, switch the device ON and make sure it is located in the place with good GPS signal reception.
You also need to keep the device with initial factory settings, in particular:
- Do not set any password, keep it clear (as by default)
- Do not set any master number prior to the device activation
- Do not set local Time zone, it must be UTC+0h (as by default)
If the automatic activation failed, you can configure Meitrack MT90 manually by sending these command:
<tracker password>,A21,1,18.104.22.168,47752,<APN>,<APN username>,<APN password>
- <tracker password> – the default password for tracker settings, usually it is 0000
- <APN> – APN of your GSM provider
- <APN username> – username of APN, if any
- <APN password> – password of APN, if any
Also you can configure Meitrack MT90 via Meitrack configurator.
For this you need
- Install the USB-to-serial cable driver and Meitrack Manager.
- Connect the MT90 to a PC with the USB-to-serial cable.
- Run Meitrack Manager, then the following dialog box will appear:
- Meitrack Manager will detect the device model automatically and the parameter page will appear accordingly.
Note: The CD delivered with the tracker contains Meitrack Manager. The software language will be automatically switched according to the operating system language. Press Ctrl + L to manually switch the language.