Portable vehicle GPS tracker that can be installed in OBDII port. Plug’and’play installation – always appreciated. You can use it for a fleet management or personal cars. 2G and 3G networks are supported.
GoSafe G797 as a OBD II tracker, obtains a vehicles’ speed data, engine temperature, fuel consumption, DTC error codes etc. All these parameters you can see in the widget on the main screen or customize them in the Devices and Settings section.
GoSafe G777/797 is tightly integrated with this software platform.
The software platform supports automatic device activation by sending SMS commands, which includes all parameters.
Before the activation process please make sure that your device is switched ON and is located in the place with good GPS signal reception. You also need to keep the device with initial factory settings, in particular:
- Do not set any password, keep them clear (as by default)
- Do not set any master number prior to the device activation
- Do not set local Time zone, it must be UTC+0h (as by default)
If you experience issues with the SMS delivery from the platform to device in your country, you can setup device manually by using GoSafe Config software.
Setup with GoSafe configuration software
First step you should make is to install GoSafe G777/797 drivers.
1. Install drivers:
- Connect the device to the computer
- Choose ‘Install from the list or specific location’.
- Click ‘Next’ in driver installation window.
- Choose the configuration file folder which has the “Anytracking USB.inf” document.
- Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ to complete setup
2. Run the Gosafe Config software
Configuration process starts from starting G777/797 Config program and then connecting to G777/797 device via Connect button located on the top left corner of configurator.
If connected successfully IMEI, Version fields which were empty, now are filled with certain numbers depending on Modem IMEI and firmware version of your device.
The tool is composed of these tabs:
2. “Server”→”Main”+”SMS Server”+”TCP/UDP Upload”
3. “User”→”Main”+”SMS Forwarding & Shutcut Key”+”Monitor & Communication”
4. “Dynamic Upload”
5. “Geo-Fence”→”Main”+”Geo-Fence setting”
7. “Alarm”→”Setting”+”Alarm Mask”
Chose the function you need, to read and write the parameter. When the parameter is not correct, it will show “Command error!”
1. “Comm ports”→COM10 means the device is connect to Port No. 10 ( computer can automatic identification);
2. “Device Model”→G797 Product model:G797;Click the button, can choose the model;
3. “Password “→ default password is“0123456789”(the only one password which can automatic login the configuration status).
4. Button :“Connect” means the device is connect with the computer, when the password is not the default one, need to input the correct one and then press “Connect” button, then the device can login the configuration status;
5. Button: “Disconnect” means cancel the device connects with the computer;
1. “Import”: means import configuration files; first of all, there must be one export configuration file which was exported before. Can use “Export” to export the configuration files.
2. “Export”: means export configuration files, it can correctly export the configuration parameter, first of all, must choose “√”. The purpose is to select the option which needs to be exported. Otherwise the files will be empty (invalid configuration files).
Notes: when import the file, the content must be same as the export one. When setting for the bulk order, no need to select all, just choose the one you need, to avoid the error reminder.
3. “Reset”: means to set the parameters to default configuration;
4. “Restart”: means to restart the device;
5. “Read All”: means to read all the parameters which were chose.
6. “Write All”: means to write all the parameters which were chose.
The software contains eight setting pages; there are ”All”, ”Read” and ”Write” button.
1. “All”: press “All”, to choose all the optional that page have.。
a) For example: On “Device” page, ”Software” or ”Hardware” page, you click “All”; it will select all the optional under the “Device”.
2. ”Read”: Can only read the parameter which were chose“√”, click the “read” button, then you can read the parameter which device were set.
3. ”Write”: can only write the parameter which were chose“√”, click the “write” button, and then you can write the parameter into the device.
Main Buttons description:
With the configurator, you can setup all the parameters with their settings.
- Device: you can set configuration of software and hardware of the device (password, time-zone, motion-sensor, etc.)
- Server: you can set APN, user and password, port for connection. Also, you can set SMS server and choose TCP/UDP protocols
- User: here you can set user phone, sms-forwarding, voice monitor and communication.
- Dynamic upload: Shift To Upload Mode 1 Condition Select: (DNU): You can set Dynamic upload mode 0 or mode1 for each status. There are six statuses to choose. If you set the front pages, that are the SMS Server page, the TCP and UDP page and user page, with different mode. Then on the corresponding status, if you choose mode0, all the front three pages set will work at mode0.
- Geo-fence: you can set geo-fence parameters
- OBDII: you can set the parameters of OBDII data reading, calibrate it
- Alarm: here you can set harsh-driving behaviour and over-speeding alarm
- Debug: here you can input commands directly to the device and see the response to them